Sunday, March 04, 2007

Yesterday I bought myself a Vintage 1960's Raleigh Bicycle that's a bit of a fixer upper, but I'm looking forward to fixing it up! Since last summer, I've been looking for a bicycle like this one and I finally got one:)

I've been in search of a unique bicycle basket and I found one that I really hope will be available to order by April '07 (much thanx to OhJoy.blogs.com posting). Designed by Marie-Louise Gustafsson, this basket is made of hard plastic and comes in three colors, green, white, and was inspired by Swedish crochet tablecloths. It even has a name, CARRIE! Ugh, so cute! I think I'm going to keep my bike the color it is so the color that'll prolly look best is green or black for the basket.

Speaking of things that make me happy today, I am excited to tune into East Village Radio today (Sunday, March 4th) to listen to my friend Melody Nelson's DJ debut on East Village Radio from 4 to 6pm EST. This will hopefully be the first of a weekly show (final slot TBD). The show will be all french pop and she'll be spinning everything yé-yé, oldies, chanteuses, 70's party jams and classic 80's pop/rock. EVR is an internet radio station, so anyone in the world with a computer and an internet connection can listen to its live streaming. The show will be archived so if you miss it, you can always listen to it later!