Tuesday, August 22, 2006

YELLE - ELECTRO POP FROM FRANCE!

I know, I know, NYC is tired of electropop but everywhere else in the world is still luvin' it and so am I! Today, I came upon a band from France called YELLE who are on Source etc. (EMI Records). This group consists of two people, the lovely Yelle, vocals and the GrandMarnier, production. Seems like that's the new fad these days for bands, having two or three members (i'm sure it's a lot less expensive to travel too, haha). Personally, I'm partial to female vocals and so, I am luving Yelle's voice on this bubble gum, electropop record!

Their debut EP, Je Veux Te Voir, comes out on august 28th (apparently it was supposed to come out a week earlier but the label had to push the date back). I have only heard the three songs on their myspace page and my favorite songs in order are "Je Veux Te Voir" and "Ce Jeu". Unfortunately, I only can read spanish so I have no idea what those song name are when they translate into English but AltaVista's Babel Fish Translation program says: "Please See" and "This Play". Hopefully, I'll get my hands on the full album soon and report back when I do;) For now, take a listen to their three songs on their myspace page and let me know what you think!!

xo

4 Track EP:
"Je veux te voir"
+ Disco D remix
+ club-club version
+ "Jogging" ... excluuusiiive!

Links:

No comments: