Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas comes only once a year...

I wrote a super long blog entry about Christmas music and how I luv it and then my computer crashed and I didn't get to save what I wrote. So, yeah, I love Christmas music and it makes me happy:) I love hot coca with mini marshmallows and decorating the tree with lights and sparkly things! I love the classics of oldies xmas songs along with the non traditional ones like Merry Christmas (I dont' want to Fight Tonight) by the Ramones and Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses.

Last Saturday morning, I guest djed at the Bust magazine Craftacular at Warsaw and I dared to play xmas music. I decided to take a chance and see what would happen to the shoppers. Well, I was pretty please with my choice because the whole crowd light up like a frickin' christmas tree! They were smiling and bouncing on their toes and singing along to the songs. Little babies were dancing on stage in front on me too, haha! I posted my whole xmas set all in order before my computer crashed so now I've only listed some songs that are all out of order...

Songs I spun at the BUST magazine Craftacular
Christmas Dont' be Late - The Chipmunks
Merry Christmas (I don't want to Fight Tonight)
Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
Winter Wonderland - Bing Crosby
Rockin' Are the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Jackson 5
Nuttin' for Christmas - Barry Gordon
Jingle Belly Rock - Bobby Helms
Feliz Navidad - Moderatto (originally by Jose Feliciano)
Mamacita, donde esta Santa Claus? - Augie Rios

Since we're on the subject of xmas songs there is one created by world famous Ukulelel-playing Chorus duo, Petty and Booka from Tokyo (on the label BENTEN from Tokyo).


1. Christmas Coming (Traditional)
2. Christmas Island (Lyle Moraine)
3. Christmas in Prison (John Prine)
4.I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (tommie Connor)
5. My Two Front Teeth (Don Gardner)
6. Colorado Christmas (Steve Goodman)
7. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (Johnny Marks)
8. Mele Kalikimaka (R. Alex Anderson)
9. Jingle Bells (Traditional)

You can see more of their discography here. Just a little tid bit: Their first origila song "Petty Booka Loo" was made by Keitaro Takanami from ex: Piccicato Five.