Friday, December 15, 2006

I love when my readers write me. I love when they share what other music they are listening to so I learn more!!! This is a post from my last blog entry about Xmas music...


Wow, dancing babies definitely means a successful gig!
I have mixed freelings about Xmas music. My workplace has been playing this goddawful satellite radio "holidays" programming, and it sounds like Satan himself picked the songs -- Nothing soulful, or kitchy, rockin' or quirky or fun, no Bing or even Nat "King" Cole -- just whitebread horse shit pablum that you could imagine even senior citizens in old age homes complaining that it's too damn boring and awful & makes them lose the will to live.
On the other hand, there's all this wonderful & cool stuff out there -- seems like every singer & group put out at least one Xmas 45 back in the day. I play that Augie Rios song every single year! Luv it. Believe me, I could go on and on about the great (mostly older) Xmas songs I really enjoy.
I need to get my hands on that Petty Booka Xmas release -- I love them! They recently got on myspace (finally!) & you can hear their Xmas songs on their site. Also I think "petty booka-loo" is a GREAT song! Some might be sad they put down their uke's, but the song has this great '60's "mod" feel to it and it really rocks out -- you can find the original video for the song on Youtube, it's really cool.
that's it for me -- feliz navidad from florida!